Translating the podcatcher
June 22, 2010 Leave a comment
The Symbian Bugsquad is hosting test and fix days for the S^1 and S^3 podcast app: The podcatcher!
One type of contributions that is often overlook is localisation of applications to other languages. So here is some simple instructions on how to translate the podcatcher:
- Clone and build the latest version of the podcatcher
- (optional) Apply my spanish translation patch for reference. You can find it attached to bug 2059
- Create a copy of \application\data\PodcastClient_english.rls and rename it to your chosen language.
- Translate the english strings into your language of choice (here is one I have did for Spanish)
- Next , update language.rss with your translation. You will need to find what is the id number for your chosen language. For Spanish is 04.
- Then add your language support to \application\group\Podcast.mmp
You are done! Build it and Test it. To test it you need to set epoc32\release\winscw\urel\z\resource\BootData\Languages.txt with your ID number.