Symbian^2 Defect Scrub
January 22, 2010 Leave a comment
We are now nearing the end of the hardening phase for Symbian^2. This means that the community is concluding their productisation efforts and it is ready to move the release into a “Stable” condition. Only contributions associated to critical defects will be accepted. It also signals that the community at large should focus on hardening Symbian^3.
Today we have around 160+ defects still open against Symbian^2. Normally, community activity (package owners and contributors) would take care of them. However, Symbian^2 is still in start-up mode and this has not happened. So, We have 2 choices, leave the bugs where they are or clean them up.
To facilitate the exercise (scheduled for wk06), we have review all open defect applying the following guidelines:
- If a patch or FCL fix has been provided the defect is to be fixed in S^2 (unless code review fails)
- If a defect is still relevant for S^3 it will be propagated
- Propagated defects will be tagged: a defect can not be propagated twice.
- Unclear defects will be tagged for further analysis (this includes BC grey issues)
- Defects with severity = “minor” will be closed as “wontfix” if the community has not provided a fix by “Stable”
Look forward to all your comments!